Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the incredible 3 minute blog post

Well, it's been a busy day today - my first full day back home after a quick trip to California to visit my 95-year-old grandmother, my parents, my brother and his new wife Laurie. Gran is old, and getting tired, and moved in with Mom & Dad the Friday before last, because she was miserable in the assisted living facility she was in. She was not doing well Friday when I arrived, but Saturday and Sunday she perked up, and Matt, Laurie, and I were able to give my parents some desperately-needed respite. Saturday, Mom & Dad took off and wandered about the county together, and Sunday, Matt & Laurie took our parents on a "field trip," leaving me alone with Gran.

I thoroughly enjoyed my precious one-on-one time with my Gran, except for the ever-present fear that she'd fall and break a hip...

OK, the timer just beeped, so I gotta get, but I did want to mention that I submitted the book proposal to three publishers today, so now Peg & I just need to wait & see who jumps on it first. I *know* it's going to sell, it's just a matter of time to see who it goes to. Wish us luck!

No comments: