|Giveaway Prize No. 1 - music charm by c. hansen|
|Giveaway Prize No. 2 - Asian-themed "don't panic" charm by c. hansen|
Top Ten Reasons Why Chris Loves ArtCharms (in no particular order):
1. Making Art Charms helps me to practice and refine my skills.
2. Art Charms are individually handcrafted, never made by a factory.
3. When I collect Art Charms, I’m collecting original mixed media art and supporting other artists.
4. The small size and format of Art Charms makes them easy to display and collect.
5. Art Charms have a variety of end-uses above and beyond the basic charm bracelet.
6. Art Charms hold great potential for fundraisers or benefits – just have everyone participating in the swap make and send in an extra charm for a bracelet or necklace.
7. Swapping Art Charms builds connections between people, creates community, and invites the interest of non-swappers.
8. I LOVE the design challenge of creating an original Art Charm while honoring the swap theme.
9. I love getting my swaps back and seeing how the other artists interpreted the swap theme!
10. Making Art Charms is an easy, affordable, and portable hobby. Many materials for Art Charms can be gleaned from discarded items, available as near as the local thrift shop or garage sale...or even in the junk drawer!
|Giveaway Prize No. 3 - music charm by c. hansen|
In celebration of International Charm Day 2011, I have five of my own mixed media art charms to share with my readers. They’re the eye candy for this post. Just leave a comment on this post before midnight Saturday April 30, 2011, with your email addy or some way in which to contact you, and Sunday morning I will use a random number generator to select the five winners. I’ll post the winners here, and will contact you to get your mailing address.
|Giveaway Prize No. 4 - "be here now" mini-domino charm by c. hansen|
Can't get enough of Art Charms? Please consider joining our Art Charms Yahoo group - we're doing swaps, challenges, contests, and weekly online chats.
Here's hoping your International Charm Day is filled with art and charms,
|Giveaway Prize No. 5 - music charm by c. hansen|