Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wheat- & Corn-Free Pancakes!!!


3.15.11 EDIT: Added picture of pancakes, cooking up on the griddle. Yep. They were delicious!

Happy Saturday!

No, I didn't forget. I'm finishing up those mixed media paper art charms - they are thisclosetodone - just need to seal them, then I'll post pics and how-to's as fast as I can.

In the meantime, I'll keep posting my favorite wheat- and corn-free recipes.

Following is the BEST recipe for wheat- and corn-free pancakes I've found - from Special Diet Celebrations, by Carol Fenster. (I found Special Diet Celebrations at our local library - when I checked on Amazon for the book just now, it appears that the second edition has been renamed Gluten-Free Celebrations: Memorable Meals without Wheat - and couldn't find the book under either title on Carol's main website, though she has a number of other books on gluten-free cooking.)


GF BEST Pancakes
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1 cup garfava flour
  • ½ cup potato starch
  • ½ cup tapioca flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 4 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 4 tsp vanilla (omit this if you’re using vanilla yogurt)
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
Whisk egg and yogurt in bowl. Add remaining ingredients and blend, just until mixed. Cook over medium heat.
* You can also replace the garfava flour, potato starch & tapioca flour with 2 cups of the Four Flour Bean Mix.

No comments: