Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wheat- and Corn-free Brownies

Remember that wheat and corn-free four flour bean mix recipe I posted a while back? Here's how I use this mix to make the tastiest brownies. I apologize for the lack of a photo - as soon as I make another batch, I'll get a pic and upload it.

When baking with wheat- and corn-free flours, I have the best results when I use stoneware baking pans. Mine are from The Pampered Chef, and are treasured components of my kitchen equipment.

Makes 16 large brownies

1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups four flour bean mix
1 cup chopped walnuts
  1. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Use a medium saucepan on low heat to melt the butter and chocolate.
  3. Remove from heat; stir in sugar.
  4. Add eggs and vanilla beat lightly just until combined.
  5. Stir in flour and nuts.
  6. Spread batter in pan.
  7. Bake in a 325-degree oven for 45 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars. Enjoy!

No comments: