Saturday, September 10, 2011

9.10.11 Class: Basic Wire Jewelry Techniques

The first wrapped loop. (tidy)
Linda and I had a great time during my Basic Wire Jewelry Techniques class today. It was just the two of us, so Linda got my undivided attention. (I hope she didn't mind.)
Linda's second wrapped loop, which was supposed to be the "sloppy" one.
Here are a few pics of Linda's work today. I think she did a fabulous job, even though her "tidy" wrapped loop turned out "sloppy," and her "sloppy" wrapped loop looks mighty "tidy" if you ask me, lolol.

Linda's bead link.
We covered a TON of information, and Linda can practice the skills she learned today so she can make the coolio linked filigree bib necklace she found in the magazine.
Linda's "tidy" spiral, with the beginnings of a wrapped loop.


For the necklace, she'll need to make lots of bead dangles and bead links. Too, she'll be opening and closing jump rings to connect the bead links for the necklace part, and filigree squares for the bib part, as well as bead dangle embellishments for the bottom of the filigree bib.

Linda's "sloppy spiral - I LOVE how this one turned out.
Linda, thank you for taking my class. I had a delightful afternoon, and I can't wait to see where your skills take you!

No comments: