A few of the Scrabble tile charms I completed recently, including pictures I took on a visit to Seattle, as well as one of my drawings (bottom center charm)
Summer means sun, fun, and new adventures. On your next outing or vacation, keep your eyes peeled for items you can use to make art charms. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Souvenir pennies are a really fun (and easy) art charm "base" - see our Metals chapter for how to turn souvenir pennies into art charms.
- Small interesting objects can easily become charms...our Found Objects section in the book gives a few different options for turning found objects into charms.
- Paper ephemera (tickets, receipts, brochures) from your vacation can be used to make a few different charms.
- A tiny bit of sand from the beach can go into a mini-bottle charm or into a resin charm.
- Vacation photos can be shrunk and decoupaged onto Scrabble tiles or printed onto shrink plastic.