Thursday, March 03, 2011

We did it!!!

I don't know about you, but the constant barrage of bad news lately is wearing my normally optimistic spirit down...so when something positive rolls along, I hang on to it like a greyhound with a new bacon-flavored squeaky toy.

My "something positive" is Love Drop.

The folks over at Love Drop have decided to do something good - in fact, something life-changing - every month for a family in need...and I'm in on it! (doing a happy dance)

Love Drop is based on micro-giving - the idea that if enough people donate $1 or $5, then all of that money put together can accomplish something really incredible.

And we DID accomplish something really incredible in February - Love Drop raised $13,000 (!!!) in order to get an urgently-needed service dog for Ethan & Alex - brothers who are both battling autism. (Click the link for details on their story.)

I'll be posting the details of March's Love Drop Mission in the next day or so -  I encourage you to check it out, and consider whether you might like to participate in Love Drop too!

3 comments:

Running Rabbit said...

I wish sometimes I could donate a piece to someone sponsoring an Etsy page or something like that was helping out folks like this. Sometimes I have really pretty work handy when I don't have cash. The old sweat equity thing. good for you!

Antonella said...

What a fantastic idea - I can see how this would brighten your day, makes you feel like you have actually made a difference!

I have received your absolutely stunning lampwork bead - I am putting up a Thank You post as well, but wanted to tell you personally!

Hugs, antonella :-)

Chris Hansen said...

Roxanna & Antonella - yes, this project IS sooo wonderful. I think the real beauty of it is that EVERYONE can participate, in whatever way works best, and that all of those little tiny efforts add up to something really incredible.