Technically it’s not ALL mine – it’s mine and Jerry’s. When our most recent wedding anniversary rolled around, I told Jerry we should get a drill press as our anniversary present to each other. Guess what? He thought it was a great idea! (big surprise, huh?)
Don’t get me wrong – you don’t need to invest in a drill press to make Art Charms – I’ve successfully made holes in hundreds of charms with Jerry’s handheld drill. It’s heavy and cumbersome, but it does get the job done.
Here are five reasons why I love
1. The laser cross-hair makes locating my pre-marked drill spots a snap.
2. I can hold a tiny Scrabble tile securely with one hand and operate the drill press with the other without worrying about putting a big hole in my finger.
3. I drilled about 20 Scrabble tiles in less than 10 minutes – would have been at least ½ hour with the big handheld drill and I would have wound up with a stiff shoulder and neck.
4. Holes are straight and true to measurements.
5. The Scrabble tiles didn’t spin around and around and get jacked up, wasting time and materials.