This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me proud to be a flameworking artist - by and large, the art glass community is filled with caring people who want to make a positive impact on our world.
The 2009 event will take place on July 17 (Denver) & July 18 (Golden). If you're in the area, stop by and take a look - you won't be sorry! The glass artists involved will work together to create a large-scale collaborative project; event proceeds will benefit Learning Landscapes, a University of Colorado Denver program that partners with Denver Public Schools to transform run-down elementary school playgrounds into multi-use parks.
Lifted from The Colorado Project's website:
The core mission of The Colorado Project is to create an environment that will promote and build a culture among Colorado glass artists through philantrhopic projects and events. The Colorado Project is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization.
Goals of The Colorado Project:
- To build relationships between Colorado glassblowers through philanthropic events
- To create collaborative glass art installations
- To promote awareness of Colorado's glass art industry
- To raise money for local non-profit children's organizations
- To promote sponsors in our industry