- a dehydrator (I love my 9-tray Excalibur)
- a bunch of fresh kale
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. wasabi powder
- fresh ginger, about 1" knob, washed and peeled
- 1/4-1/3 cup miso
- Wash the kale and shake it dry.
- Pull the leaves off the kale stems and tear leaves into bite-sized pieces (about 2-3" diameter or so)
- Place torn kale leaves into a large bowl.
- Grate ginger over kale leaves.
- Sprinkle a small amount of wasabi powder over kale leaves.
- Scoop miso onto kale leaves.
- Use your hands to mush the miso onto all of the kale leaves, mixing well and distributing ginger and wasabi as evenly as possible.
- Lay seasoned kale leaves onto mesh dehydrator trays, spreading apart in a single layer (you'll probably need 2-3 dehydrator trays to dry all of the leaves).
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 hours, or until completely dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
Leftover crumbs can be sprinkled onto a salad for extra flavor.
I will be experimenting with different flavors, and will post here the results.
Have fun, and bon appetit!